This download record provides options for updating the BIOS of the Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH.
- OS Independent
- Size: 6.7 MB
- SHA1: CA16C6BC56B909EBFAEBEE3919044B1DF6521754
- OS Independent
- Size: 5.6 MB
- SHA1: 6B093A0B492A7CDF9F9646CC75504AA172A9085C
This download record provides options for updating the BIOS of the Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH. You only need to download one.
Note: See Operating System Installation for specific steps you need to take before installing an operating system.
Which file should I choose?
- Recovery BIOS update [FY0072.bio] - A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the recovery BIOS update to recover from this condition. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- iflash BIOS update [FYBYT10H.86A.0072.BI.zip] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- The readme file includes BIOS update instructions for advanced users. You also can find more complete step-by-step instructions on how to use each of these BIOS update methods.
- Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and might not be supported. An earlier BIOS version might not offer support for the latest processors, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support the latest board revisions currently being manufactured. Important: If you are trying to downgrade to a previous BIOS version and its Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) Firmware version is older than that currently on the motherboard, then the downgrade is not supported.
- Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it. You can view all new BIOS fixes in the release notes.
- Before initiating a BIOS update, be sure to read and precisely follow the instructions included in the readme. You may wish to print the instructions for easy reference.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
- For tips on troubleshooting BIOS issues on Intel® NUC, refer to Troubleshooting BIOS Issues.
- Due to a security enhancement, it will not be possible to go to any BIOS earlier than BIOS 0060.
- Optional: The UQI list file included in this record provides UQI values that can be used by Intel Integrator Toolkit and VCUST.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.