Contains all files required to update the non-volatile memory update utility for Intel® Ethernet Adapters 710 Series for Windows*. (6.80)
- Windows 8.1*, Windows 8 family*, Windows 7 family*, Windows 10*, OS Independent, Windows Server 2008 R2 family*, Windows Server 2012 family*, Windows Server 2012 R2 family*, Windows Server 2008 family*, Windows Server 2019 family*, Windows Server 2016 family*
- Size: 36.4 MB
- SHA1: 9505C788DAAB81F155DD9BAE945E25EC310A58D5
This package contains all files required to update the non-volatile memory (NVM) on the Intel® Ethernet Adapter in your system. It contains the NVM Update utility, configuration file, updated NVM binaries, and required driver files.
NVM update to version 6.80 with release 23.4 includes Recovery mode.
Note: NVM 6.01 can be used with 23.4 SW Release.
Installation uses normal upgrade installation procedures.
- Normal NVM Upgrade (Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool) can be used to enable the new features.
- Reboot required. A/C power cycle is not required when updating from the previously released version. Intel recommends following the instructions provided with the NVM Update tool.
- NVM update to version x.x enables anti-rollback mode. After upgrading, downgrade to previous NVM versions isn't possible.
Note: The design of Recovery Mode precludes rollback to prior versions of the NVM. This is because the addition of the Recovery Mode capability changed the definition of some regions of the NVM to be write-protected. Rollback to a prior version requires access to these write-protected regions, and therefore the rollback would fail.
- Recovery Mode has no impact to normal operation.
- To fully support Recovery Mode, the updated Ethernet NVM, software driver, and software tool in Release 23.4 or later must all be used.
See the readme file for more information, such as limitations and prerequisites, UEFI requirements, and how to use a script.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter XL710-QDA1 for Open Compute Project
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XXV710-AM1
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T4
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA1 for OCP
- Intel® Ethernet Controller X710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA2
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA1
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA4
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-AM1
- Intel® Ethernet Controller X710-BM2
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter XL710-QDA2 for Open Compute Project
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 for OCP
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XXV710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-BM1
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710-DA2 for OCP
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-BM2
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA1
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.