Provides Intel® Server System S9200WK Product Family BIOS and Firmware Update Package for UEFI.
- OS Independent
- Size: 27.7 MB
- SHA1: BE2A99AD17954037CED4C1ADAAFE3B8A9491EC49
Intel highly recommends that you read the ReadMe_&_Update_Instructions-WKP.txt file in its entirety before performing the system update. Verifying that your system meets the documented requirements ensures a successful update and provides the most reliable system functionality after the update has completed.
This update package includes the following production-level system software updates:
- System BIOS - R22.01.0098
- ME Firmware - 04.01.04.601.0
- BMC Firmware - Purley_2.88.6999d21a
- Note: Starting from BMC 2.48.ce3e3bd2 implements new security rules about password complexity, please consult TA-1161 for more details.
- FRUSDR - S9200WK_0.35_FRUSDR
Firmware update tools
- Intel® Server System S9200WK Product Family
Contact Intel for pre-production hardware support requirements.
- Starting from BMC BMC v2.21, when KCS Policy Control Mode is configured as "Deny ALL" on BMC EWS, BMC and FRUSDR cannot be upgraded/downgraded as expected behavior. Updates can still be performed via Redfish or BMC EWS
Refer first to the release notes for detailed information on installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues before starting the firmware update.
Start from BMC v1.89, by default BMC only enables cipher suite 17, to use that, you must add "-C 17" in ipmitool command.
Start from BMC v2.21, When KCS control mode is put in restricted and deny all mode, BMC EWS CPU and DIMM page displays blank or last DC on configuration information.
- All updates provided in this package are installed using the embedded UEFI operating environment only.
- Don't modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
- If for any reason the System BIOS, BMC Firmware, or FRU & SDR data need to be re-installed after the initial update has been performed, the package does include standalone script files that can be run individually. These files include: UpdBIOS.nsh, UpdMe.nsh, UpdFD.nsh, fwUpdateBMC.nsh, and updS9200WK.nsh. Do NOT use these files until after the system has been updated initially using the Startup.nsh file.
- Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory on a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the server system to be updated.
- Power on the server.
- The system will automatically access the uEFI shell and begin the update process.
- Reboot the system after the update process has successfully completed.
Warning: Do NOT interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
See the release notes for installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Server System LWK2AC3PXXX01
- Intel® Server System LWK2LC3U5680A
- Intel® Server System S9232WK2HAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System S9232WK2HLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System S9248WK1HLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System S9248WK2HAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System S9248WK2HLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System LWK2LC3U4880A
- Intel® Server System S9232WK1HLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System S9256WK1HLC Compute Module
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.