This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family for UEFI (R01.01.0007).
- Size: 27.4 MB
- SHA1: 5D2C7D0CC13DB8CBF4759308115A441E4C528DAA
This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family and appropriate Intel® Server System D50TNP Family —for use with Intel's technology-embedded Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) shell.
UEFI System Update Package (SUP) Installation and Operation Instructions
Intel highly recommends reading the Readme and Update Instructions.txt in its entirety before performing the system update. Verifying that your system meets the documented requirements will ensure a successful update and provide the most reliable system functionality after the update has been completed.
Released - Dec16, 2022
This update package includes the following production-level system software updates and update utilities:
- System BIOS: R01.01.0007
- ME Firmware: 04.04.04.202
- BMC Firmware: 2.90.e5e4d391
- FRUSDR: 0.44
- Pmem: 18.104.22.1683
- CPLD: v4P2
- sysfwupdt.efi - Version 16.0.7
Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family
Contact Intel for pre-production hardware support requirements
• This is a production FW package. All updates provided in this package are installed using the embedded UEFI operating environment only.
• Do not modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
• Added the new function to check the FW version on the current system, which can make sure whether System BIOS, BMC Firmware, CPLD, FRU&SDR, or PMem data need to be re-installed after the initial update has been performed. The package does include standalone script files that can be run individually.
These files include:
UpdBIOS_TNP.nsh, UpdBMC_TNP.nsh UpdD50FruSdr_TNP.nsh, UpdCPLD_TNP.nsh, UpdatePmemFW.nsh, UpdBMCRecovery_TNP.nsh, UpdCPLDRecovery_TNP.nsh
Do NOT use these files until after the system has been updated initially using the startup.nsh file.
System software requirements
To update the system software stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
- System BIOS: R01.01.0006 or later
- ME Firmware: 04.04.04.202
- BMC Firmware: 2.89.7e3b728b
- FRUSDR: 0.42
- CPLDL: v3P9
- Pmem: 22.214.171.1243
Important information for the update procedure
- To complete update process of CPLD/Pmem/BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS, must execute the startup.nsh, it will update CPLD/Pmem/BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS and then the system will reboot automatically.
- After reset, the screen will be off and blue ID LED will be solid on for some minutes. Once update process is completed, the ID LED will be off and system will boot up again.
- Due the new structure of FW using PFR, the first time the server is rebooted once FW has been updated, will take around 12 minutes on the first reboot to conclude the update process, on that time the screen will be off and the System LED will be blinking green/amber, after the first 3 minutes the blue ID LED will be solid on, once the process is completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again, after post screen the server could be rebooted a second time.The time to conclude the FW update process is an expected behavior and only presented on the first reboot part of the FW update process.
More information can be found on the Readme and Update Instructions.txt
GENERAL INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive)
2. Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated
3. Power on the server and boot into uEFI shell
4. Firmware update process will be started with Startup.nsh running automatically
5. Once BIOS update process has successfully completed, system will reboot automatically and will take around 12 minutes with the screen off, after that time the server will turn on again.
6. After first reboot and post screen, the server could be rebooted a second time.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCPAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MFALAC Acceleration Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSTAC Storage Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSVAC Management Module
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.