This download contains the System Firmware Update Package (SFUP) for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family for Windows and Linux (R01.01.003)0003)
- OS Independent
- Size: 68.5 MB
- SHA1: B3D8F290D0CD0152448AE3204EC0A2A72E2699C6
This download record contains the BIOS and System Firmware Update Package (SFUP) for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family and appropriate Intel® Server System D50TNP Family —for use with Windows and Linux
Windows and Linux System Firmware Update Package (SFUP) Installation and Operation Instructions
Intel highly recommends reading the Readme and Update Instructions.txt in its entirety before performing the system update. Verifying that your system meets the documented requirements will ensure a successful update and provide the most reliable system functionality after the update has completed.
Released - June 08 2021
This update package includes the following production-level system software updates and update utilities:
System BIOS: R01.01.0003
ME Firmware: 04.04.03.53
BMC Firmware: 2.81.99b20e11
sysfwupdt.efi: Version 14.2 Build 11
Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family
Contact Intel for pre-production hardware support requirements
Firmware check is not applicable, hence updates will be triggered even when
the versions in the system and in the SFUP package are same !!
Do NOT interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process.
Doing so may render your system inoperable. !!
Do NOT attempt to down rev the system software once loaded on to the system.
Doing so may render your system inoperable. !!
All updates provided in this package are installed using the windows
and Linux operating environment only. !!
Do not modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide
the most reliable update experience. !!
System software requirements
To update the system software stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
System BIOS: R01.01.0001 or later
BMC Firmware: 2.78 or later
FRUSDR: 0.34 or later
CPLDL: 3p2 or later
For pre-production hardware and software support requirements, contact Intel for details.
Pre-requisites before running Windows and Linux scripts - refer to Readme and Update Instructions.txt
Important information for the update procedure
- Windows : When startup.bat is executed from FSUP, the update order is CPLD, PMEM, BMC, FRUSDR and BIOS followed by a system reset.
- Linux : When "sh startup.sh" is executed from FSUP, it uninstalls existing sysfwupdt (if any) and installs latest sysfwupdt
from FSUP. The update order is CPLD, PMEM, BMC, FRUSDR and BIOS followed by a system reset.
- Once the Windows and Linux startup script completes the update of CPLD/Pmem/BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS, the system will reboot two times automatically, on that time the screen will be off and blue ID LED will be solid on, once the process is completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again.
- Due the new structure of FW using PFR, the first time the server is rebooted once FW has been updated, will take around 18 minutes on the first reboot to conclude the update process, on that time
the screen will be off and the System LED will be blinking green/amber, after the first 4 minutes the blue ID LED will be solid on, once the process is completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again, after post screen the server will be rebooted a second time and will take around 3 more minutes with the screen off to conclude the update process and power on the server back.
The time to conclude the FW update process is an expected behavior and only presented on the first and second reboot part of the FW update process.
More information can be found on the Readme and Update Instructions.
General installation procedure
1. Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive)
2. Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated
3. Windows : Unzip the package, from SFUP directory open a command prompt or
powershell and execute startup.bat
Linux : Unzip the package, from SFUP directory open a terminal and execute
4. Once BIOS update process has successfully completed, system will reboot automatically and will take around 18 minutes with the screen off, after that time the server will turn on again.
5. After first reboot and post screen, the server will rebooted a second time and will take around 4 more minutes with the screen off to conclude the update process and power on the server back.
1. On Windows OS if the system Pmem FW and Pmem FW in the SFUP package are of
same versions then ipmictl tool errors out with following message :
"Error 308 - FW Update authentication failure"
01. After the final update has completed successfully, reboot the system
02. During POST, hit the Key when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility
03. From the BIOS Setup Utility main menu, hit the key to load BIOS defaults
04. Hit the key to Save Changes and Exit the BIOS defaults
04. At the main menu verify the BIOS revision is correct
05. Move cursor to the SERVER MANAGEMENT menu and hit Enter
06. Move cursor to the SYSTEM INFORMATION Option and hit Enter
07. Verify the BMC Firmware revision is correct
08. Verify the SDR revision is correct
09. Verify the ME Firmware revision is correct
10. Configure desired BIOS Option settings
11. Hit the F10 Key to Save Changes and Exit
*CPLD Firmware version can be verified on BIOS main menu, Main->PFR
The System Software Update is Complete.
Do NOT interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Do NOT attempt to downgrade the system software once loaded on to the system.
Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Refer to the respective Release Notes files for complete list of known issues, workarounds and detailed requirements:
BIOS: Release Notes BIOS ####.txt
BMC: Release Notes BMC ####.txt
FRUSDR: Release Notes FRUSDR ####.txt
CPLD: Release Notes CPLD ####.txt
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCPAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSVAC Management Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSTAC Storage Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MFALAC Acceleration Module
- Intel® Server Board D50TNP1SB
- Intel® Server Board DDR4 D50TNP1SBCR
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.