Provides Intel® Server Board M50CYP Family BIOS and Firmware Update Package for UEFI. (R01.01.0007)
- Size: 27.6 MB
- SHA1: 65E9F78AFBEE4A840E8695CF8DEA57E234716868
This update package includes the following production level system software updates and update utilities:
System BIOS - R01.01.0007
ME Firmware - 04.04.04.202
BMC Firmware - 2.90.e5e4d391
FRUSDR - 0.44
Pmem - 188.8.131.523
CPLD - v4P2
sysfwupdt.efi - Version 16.0.7
Intel® Server Board M50CYP Family
Contact Intel for pre-production hardware support requirements
- If you had previously flashed ITK cap BIOS with specific BIOS settings on a system and then upgrade the FW to R01.01.0005, those specific BIOS settings will be lost after loading BIOS default pressing F9 on BIOS Menu. In order to avoid this, flash a new ITK cap with the required BIOS settings based on R01.01.0005 image included on this package.
- From R01.01.0005 it has updated PCH SVN to 02, need add "-recovery" parameter when update BIOS which has lower SVN to R01.01.0005 or higher. (e.g. sysfwupdt.efi -u xxx.bin -recovery).
- This is production FW package, all updates provided in this package are installed using the embedded uEFI operating environment only.
- Do not modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
- This package includes on the "startup.nsh" the function to check the FW version on current system, which can make sure whether System BIOS, BMC Firmware, CPLD, FRU&SDR or Pmem data need to be re-installed, if the FW version installed on the target system is the same version of this package, the update script will skip that ingredient and move to next one, if you want to flash all FW no matter is the same version, you can edit "startup.nsh" and add a "#" before "FwVerCheck.nsh" text and then save the file with the change or also execute the single ingredients update files UpdBIOS_CYP.nsh, UpdM50FruSdr_CYP.nsh, UpdCPLD_CYP.nsh, UpdBMC_CYP.nsh, UpdCPLDRecovery_CYP.nsh, UpdBMCRecovery_CYP.nsh and UpdatePmemFW.nsh.
- If you received a new M50CYP system, Intel recommends to update BIOS, BMC and CPLD recovery region, regular "startup.nsh" or "UpdBIOS_CYP.nsh" will update BIOS image including revocery region but not for BMC and CPLD recovery regions, you can excecute files "UpdBMCRecovery_CYP.nsh" and "updCPLDRecovery_CYP.nsh" to update BMC and CPLD FW including their recovery region.-
- After the initial update has been performed, the package does include standalone script files that can be run individually.
These files include:
UpdBIOS_CYP.nsh, UpdM50FruSdr_CYP.nsh, UpdCPLD_CYP.nsh, UpdBMC_CYP.nsh, UpdCPLDRecovery_CYP.nsh, UpdBMCRecovery_CYP.nsh and UpdatePmemFW.nsh.
Do NOT use these files until after the system has been updated initially using the startup.nsh file.
SYSTEM SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
To update the system software stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
System BIOS - R01.01.0006 or later
ME Firmware - 04.04.04.202
BMC Firmware - 2.89.7e3b728b
FRUSDR - 0.42
Pmem - 184.108.40.2063
CPLD - v3P9
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE UPDATE PROCEDURE
- To complete update process of CPLD/Pmem/BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS, must execute the startup.nsh, it will update CPLD/Pmem/BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS and then the system will reboot automatically. After reset, the screen will be off and blue ID LED will be solid on for some minutes. Once update process is completed, the ID LED will be off and system will boot up again.
- Due the new structure of FW using PFR, the first time the server is rebooted once FW has been updated, will take around 12 minutes on the first reboot to conclude the update process, on that time the screen will be off and the System LED will be blinking green/amber, after the first 3 minutes the blue ID LED will be solid on, once the process is completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again, after post screen the server could be rebooted a second time.
The time to conclude the FW update process is an expected behavior and only presented on the first reboot part of the FW update process.
GENERAL INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive)
2. Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated
3. Power on the server and boot into uEFI shell
4. Firmware update process will be started with Startup.nsh running automatically
5. Once BIOS update process has successfully completed, system will reboot automatically and will take around 12 minutes with the screen off, after that time the server will turn on again.
6. After first reboot and post screen, the server could be rebooted a second time.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.