Redis Enterprise, a multi-model in-memory database, is optimized to take advantage of novel memory configurations based on Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory. Data center operators can now equip servers with unprecedented system memory capacities at lower cost than dynamic random-access memory (DRAM)-only configurations. Developers have a new tier available for data placement that provides significantly faster performance than traditional storage.
Redis Enterprise* is the commercial offering of Redis (an in-memory database and one of the most popular NoSQL databases. The workload is called “memtier” and it evaluates the ability of a server (in terms of throughput and latency) to service get/put requests.
- Complex, multi-tiered solutions (with hot data on DRAM and warm data on SSDs).
- Scaling to very large data-sets, with high performance in a cost effective way.
- With larger available memory capacities, Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory allows the entire dataset to be deployed in a single in-memory database (vs. splitting data sets across servers), thereby reducing costs and hardware footprint.
- As shown in the performance chart, the SLA of driving 1M ops/second at sub-millisecond response times is able to be met with this configuration.1 2 3
- Maintain typical customer SLAs (1M ops/sec @ 1ms latency) at reduced hardware costs.
- Accommodate larger capacity deployments with fewer servers, reduced hardware and operational costs, while maintaining required throughput and latency metrics.
Product and Performance Information
Performance results are based on testing by Intel on 02/14/2019 and may not reflect all publicly available security updates. No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Redis Labs* Multi-modal Database; Workload is memtier benchmark (6 billion keys, 100B values, 50/50 read/write ratio, random access). Redis Enterprise 5.4, CentOS 7.5 kernel 4.19.8. Testing by Intel, completed on 2/14/2019. Security Mitigations in place. BASELINE (DRAM-only system): 2S Intel® Xeon® Platinum processor 8280L, 28 cores, turbo, and HT on, BIOS SE5C620.86B.0D.01.0286.011120190816, 1.5TB of total memory, 24 slots / 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 DIMM, 2 x 40Gb bonded XL710 networking.
NEW (DRAM + Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory): 2S Intel® Xeon® Platinum processor 8280L, 28 cores, turbo, and HT on, BIOS SE5C620.86B.0D.01.0286.011120190816, 192GB of DRAM (12 x 16GB 2666MHz DRAM) and 1.5TB of DCPMEM ( 12 x 128GB DCPMEM) in Memory Mode, 2 x 40Gb bonded XL710 networking.
CLIENT: (same client used to drive the workload for both baseline and memory mode): 2S Intel® Xeon® processor 8180 2.5GHz, 28 cores, turbo, and HT on, BIOS SE5C620.86B.00.01.0009.101920170742, 384 GB of total memory, 12 slots / 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 DIMM, 1 x 40Gb XL710 networking.
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.