Nios® V Processors
Nios® V processor is the next generation of soft processor for Intel® FPGAs based on the open-source RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture. This processor is available in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software starting with version 21.3.
The RiscFree* IDE for Intel® FPGAs is the Integrated development environment for creating embedded applications on Intel’s Arm* based hard processor system and Nios V soft processors. This IDE delivers homogenous and heterogeneous multi-processor design, and debug capabilities. Currently supported key features include:
- Included with the Intel Quartus Prime Software Pro version 22.2 onwards or available as a standalone free download for embedded software developers
- Full tool-chain including Ashling’s* RiscFree* for Intel® FPGAs IDE, Compiler, Debugger and Trace
- IDE based on Eclipse with full source and project creation, editing, build and debug support
- Run-time Debug with support for the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II (USB Blaster II)
- Register Visualization for Nios® V processors and Arm* cores
- Real Time Operating System (RTOS) debug awareness
- For more information, read the RiscFree IDE for Intel® FPGAs User Guide
- You can get the Nios® V/m processor IP license from the Self Service Licensing Center at no cost.
- Example designs included with the Nios V/m IP in Platform Designer in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software.
- Download the latest Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software and the RiscFree* IDE for Intel® FPGAs and get started today. Download now.
- Get your designs to market faster with the growing ecosystem for Nios® V processor that is based on the open-source industry standard RISC-V ISA.
- The Intel Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and Micrium* MicroC/OS-II are supported on the Nios® V/m processor and included in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software.
- There will be additional Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) supported on the upcoming processors in the Nios® V processor family. Stay tuned for updates.
Resource center for training, documentation, downloads, tools and support options.
Intel® FPGA and its partners offer a large selection of development boards and hardware tools to accelerate the FPGA design process.
The Intel® FPGA IP portfolio covers a wide variety of applications with a combination of soft and hardened IP cores along with reference designs.
Explore our suite of software and development tools to assist hardware engineers and software developers when creating an FPGA design.
Get in touch with sales for your Intel® FPGA product design and acceleration needs.
Decipher Intel® FPGA part numbers, including the significance of certain prefixes and package codes.
Contact an Intel® Authorized Distributor today.
Product and Performance Information
Future releases are subject to change.