An Upper-End Mainstream Server for Scale-Out or Scale-Up Workloads
Intel® Server System M70KLP sets a new standard for 2U, upper-end mainstream servers by combining extraordinary density and versatility for both scale-up or scale-out workloads.
Its high compute and memory capacity make it ideal to maximize consolidation for Virtual Machines(VM) and container workloads to reduce sprawl and TCO.
And, it’s a great scale-up server choice for compute-intensive or memory-bound workloads, delivering outstanding performance, scalability and TCO for your more demanding needs.
More workloads. Less sprawl. Lower operating costs. The Intel® Server System M70KLP’s unique blend of 4-socket density—with 2-socket versatility—makes it an ideal choice for data centers that need to do more with less.
Innovation Across the Platform
3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with 6 UPI and other Intel innovations integrated into the Intel® Server System M70KLP deliver workload-optimized performance with built-in AI acceleration, and improved memory and I/O throughput versus prior generation processors.
- Boost your compute performance: Up to 28 cores per processor and up to 112 cores per 2U server delivering outstanding multi-socket core count density and performance.
- Breakthrough memory capacity: Up to 15 TB of system memory capacity per server (4.5 TB per socket when utilizing App Direct mode with supported software) maximizes workload consolidation and enables larger datasets for in-memory databases.
- Enhanced Intel® Deep Learning Boost with VNNI and new BFloat16: Accelerate both AI inferencing and training on versatile, general-purpose CPUs, delivering up to 1.93x more AI training performance versus the previous generation.1
- Intel® Speed Select Technology: Selectively boosts performance on cores running higher-priority workloads to help meet SLAs, while improving utilization and TCO.2
- 2x Intel® Ultra Path Interconnects (Intel® UPI): Double the inter-CPU bandwidth for I/O-intensive workloads versus previous generation.
- Increased DDR4 Memory Speed and Capacity: Memory subsystem enhancements include support for 48 DIMMs running up to DDR4-3200 MT/s. With DIMM capacities ranging from 16GbB, up to 128GB.
- Supports Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory 200 Series: Extend system memory capacity versus DRAM-only servers. Delivers an average of 25% higher memory bandwidth compared to the first generation.3
- Supports Intel® Optane™ SSDs and Intel® 3D NAND SSDs: Intel Optane SSDs deliver a breakthrough storage performance, while Intel 3D NAND SSDs provide high-density storage capacity.
- High-Speed Networking: Support for 100 Gb Ethernet with the Intel® Ethernet 800 Series. These network interface cards feature Application Device Queue, a technology that enables application-specific, uncontended, smooth-flowing traffic because there is no sharing of traffic from other applications on those queues.
- Maximize Uptime: Enterprise RAS features help ensure high availability and reliability for mission-critical workloads.
- Hardware-Enhanced Security: Help protect against malicious exploits and accelerate data encryption with built-in security features, while maintaining workload integrity with reduced performance overhead.
4-Socket, 2U Server with High Compute, Memory and Storage Capacity
- 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Up to 28 cores per processor
- 4 Sockets, for up to 112 cores per server
- 6 Intel® UPI for increased CPU I/O throughput, 2x from previous generation
- Intel® Optane™ persistent memory 200 series support
- Up to 15 TB system memory
- 3 TB of DRAM, plus 12 TB of Intel® Optane™ persistent memory when using App Direct Mode
- 12 DDR4 DIMM per socket; 48 DIMMs total
- 1x 100GbE Intel® 800 Ethernet Series OCP3.0, 1x 1GB, RMM4 dedicated NIC
- 24 x 2.5” SAS/SATA/SSD/NVMe hot-swappable drives (front access)
- 2x M.2 SSDs (internal)
- Up to 12 PCIe Gen 3 slots
Purpose-Built to Handle a Variety of Enterprise and Cloud Requirements
With revolutionary 4-socket performance, scalability and TCO advantages, the Intel® Server System M70KLP is an ideal choice for compute-intensive and data-intensive workloads for enterprise and cloud requirements.
Density Optimized: Versatility for Scale Up and Scale Out
A Key Member of the Intel® Server System Family Portfolio
The Intel Datacenter Solutions Group (DSG) has created a portfolio of Intel Server Systems to handle all your data center and workload requirements. Combined, these servers can run everything from entry-level tasks to your most compute-intensive and data-centric workloads.
Intel® Server Systems can be configured to order to meet your specific needs. You can learn more about these systems in the portfolio by visiting: www.intel.com/servers.
Enterprise-Class Server Management
Intel Server Systems provide consistent, enterprise-grade server management across all platforms to simplify deployment, monitoring, updating and debugging.
The consistent interface, tools and utilities simplify and accelerate all stages of the server lifecycle—from build and customize, to deployment, to multi-server management, and to single server debug and maintenance.
Deploy with Confidence with Intel Quality, Reliability, Service and Support
Intel servers aren’t just packed with innovation—they all come with Intel’s highly rated, comprehensive services and support package, delivering differentiating value to every stage of the server lifecycle—from pre-purchase and deployment to operations, management and support.
You can take advantage of Intel’s proven support and service, including a 3-year warranty (optional 5-year) and global technical support.
Intel® Server Systems are also easy to deploy and operate, with comprehensive documentation for integration, configuration and management. All Intel Server Systems are fully integrated systems with options of configure-to-order CPU, memory, storage, and more.
Reduce Risk of Counterfeit Parts with Intel® Transparent Supply Chain
Counterfeit electronic parts are a growing security concern across all organizations. And concerns have grown as supply chains have become increasingly complex, multi-layered and global.
Current supply chain practices start with trusting the source, but processes are limited for screening out counterfeit components, particularly for products containing many subsystems.
Intel® Transparent Supply Chain helps partners and customers verify the authenticity and firmware version of servers and their components, through a set of tools, policies, and procedures implemented on the factory floor at server manufacturers that help enable enterprises to verify the authenticity and firmware version of systems and their components.
This industry-leading approach helps:
- Provide component-level traceability and visibility
- Detect tampering of components and configuration state between stops
- Deliver fleet-level insights across suppliers
These and other safeguards combine to increase assurance and trust that the Intel servers you’re purchasing and deploying are free of counterfeit components that could compromise your business or customers.