Options to to change the lights of this SSD
The LED color and status of the Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P 960GB/1.5TB can be modified through Intel tools, but the unit has no buttons or instructions.
Make sure the latest Intel® Client NVMe Microsoft Windows Driver is installed in the system because it is required by the tools to properly communicate with the SSD.
The following options describe how to change the LED status:
Option 1: Intel® Memory and Storage Tool (GUI).
- Select the Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P on the left-hand side of the window.
- Click Features.
- Click Change or Manage LED.
- Select the preferred color or status (On/Off) for the LED.
- Any changes should be visible without having to restart the system.
Option 2: Command line via Intel® SSD Toolbox (End of Life)
- Install the latest version of Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (must be 3.5.3 or later).
- Find and copy the path to the Intel SSD Toolbox application.
- For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) SSD Toolbox
- The path may be different depending on the computer.
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator and navigate to the Intel SSD Toolbox folder.
- You can use this command (using cd C:\..) as an example: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) SSD Toolbox
- Execute the following command (including the quotation marks): "Intel SSD Toolbox.exe" -drive_index # -led_color ?
- Replace # with the number/index of the drive as shown in Disk Manager or Diskpart.
- Replace ? with green, blue, off or on
- The command prompt will notify if the operation was successful after executing the command.