How to check Intel's product specifications and compatibility of products
Compatibility between a processor cooler and an Intel® processor (CPU) that is needed
- Go to product specifications page.
- In the Search specifications bar type in the Intel® product needed.
- Once the specifications window opens, look for the TDP under the Performance section.
- Look for Sockets Supported under the Package Specifications section. (The socket is the component that provides the mechanical and electrical connections between the processor and motherboard.)
- Compare the TDP and socket information of the Intel® CPU information with the TDP and socket information of the CPU cooler.
- The TDP value of the CPU cooler must be higher than the TDP of the Intel® processor.
- The socket used by the CPU cooler must be the same as the one used by the Intel® CPU.
|Note||Thermal Design Power (TDP) represents the average power, in watts, the processor dissipates when operating at Base Frequency with all cores active under an Intel-defined, high-complexity workload. Refer to Datasheet for thermal solution requirements.|