The following are frequently asked questions about warranty information for Intel® DCS
|Note||Intel® Data Center Systems (Intel® DCS) is formerly Intel® Data Center Blocks (Intel® DCB).|
Click or the topic for details:
1. What are the warranty terms and conditions for Intel® Server Boards and Intel® Server Systems products that include Intel® Server Boards, Intel® Server Systems, and Intel® RAID Controllers?Intel® Server Systems, Intel® Server Boards, and accessories are covered by a 3-year standard warranty except Backup Battery Unit (BBU), which comes with a 1-year warranty.
2. What are Intel® DCS warranty terms and conditions?Intel® Data Center Systems (Intel® DCS) feature multiple Intel technologies, pre-configured or Configured to Order (CTO), and sold as a single product. Parts or components within the Intel DCS are covered with different terms of warranty coverage.
All Intel Data Center Systems orders are non-cancellable, not returnable (NCNR). For purposes of return, the product shall be at the lowest level of Intel finished goods that could be field replaced in the integrated system. An added advantage of purchasing Intel® DCS is that all customers are eligible for Advanced Warranty Replacement (AWR), which provides a shipment of the replacement Failed Replaceable Unit (FRU) before receipt of a failed part.
3. What is the warranty process for Intel® DCS integrated system's component requiring replacement?
Contact Support to process a warranty request for the component that is exhibiting the failure. Intel Customer Support requires the following information to successfully process the warranty claim.
- The Intel® Data Center Systems' product code and system serial number
- The component serial number and its description
Click How to find part/serial number of Intel Server Products. Select Data Center Systems, and then select the component you need to replace.
4. What should I do if I found missing components after opening the Intel® DCS box?Provide a picture of server system, the Intel® DCS Product Code, and Serial Number. Identify the missing part/components, and then contact Point of Purchase within 30 days.
To locate the product code and serial number, refer to this image:
5. Does Intel offer Extended Warranty (EW) for Intel® Server System/Intel®DCS?Yes. For more details, visit the Intel Server EW support website.
6. When can I purchase an Extended Warranty (EW)?You can purchase an Extended Warranty (EW) only if it is within 30 days of when you purchased the systems.
7. What is Field Replacement Unit (FRU)?The FRU part can be the system board, processor, memory module, power supply, system fans, riser, backplane, and add-in controller that you can remove and replace without having to send the entire product or system for replacement.
8. Is the Intel® Server Chassis a Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) item?No, it isn't. If there's damage to the chassis on receipt (for example, a scratch on a top cover or a bend on a metallic surface), contact Point of Purchase by providing a picture of the damaged chassis within 30 days. See the list of available Intel resellers.
9. Do we support repair for direct or indirect customers?Intel doesn't offer any repair options for products sold out in the channel.
10. Can I request for a complete system replacement for an Intel® DCS?
Intel doesn't offer a system level replacement for an Intel DCS. Intel will gladly replace any failed FRU items that are deemed defective.