Resolving "Error Code 49: Invalid credential" error when logging in to Intel® RAID Web Console 3 on certain non-English versions of Windows* OS
"Error Code 49: Invalid credential" error when logging in to Intel® RAID Web Console 3 (RWC3) using Windows* Administrator accounts on non-English versions of Windows* operating system (OS):
Intel® RAID Web Console 3 (RWC3) support is for the English language only. Complete the following steps for non-English versions of Windows* before you log in to RWC3:
- Close RWC3.
- Navigate to the RWC3 installation folder and open the LSA.conf file using a text editor such as Notepad*. By default, this is found in C:\Program Files(x86)\LSI\LSIStorageAuthority\conf\LSA.conf.
- Find or search for this line: full_access_groups = Administrators and change Administrators to the translated group name.1 For example:
- German: full_access_groups = Administratoren
- Save and close the text editor.
- Restart LSAService from task manager or reboot the system.
- Log in to RWC3 using the Windows Administrator account credential.
Note Some non-English versions of Windows*, such as Russian, use non-Latin characters for the native Administrator account username, which has additional limitations and require additional steps. See RWC3 login issue on Russian language Windows* OS for additional information.
1 To identify the translated group name for the Windows* version you are using:
- Run lusrmgr.msc in command prompt or PowerShell* to launch the Local Users and Groups.
- Select Groups from the left pane and find the Administrators group in the middle pane in the language of Windows you are using: