Information on why the Intel Graphics Controller may not appear in Device Manager.
Intel Graphics is not appearing under Display Adapters in the Device Manager.
If you see the adapter listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter or Standard VGA adapter:
- This means Windows is working with the pre-loaded generic and basic video drivers.
- For the adapter to appear as an Intel Graphics adapter, install an Intel Graphics driver or check directly with your computer manufacturer to determine the graphics controller your computer uses so the proper driver can be installed.
If the Intel Graphics adapter doesn't appear after installing the integrated graphics driver on your system:
- This means the integrated graphics on your system may be disabled.
- Try rebooting the PC into the BIOS and enable integrated graphics.
- We recommend you contact your OEM or motherboard manufacturer for more information on how to access your BIOS settings.
If you see the adapter listed only as Intel® HD Graphics without any numerical identifier: