No, the default XAUI PHY IP transceiver PMA settings in Quartus® II Software Version 10.1-SP1 and earlier will likely not be sufficient to implement a XAUI compliant link in Stratix® IV GX and GT devices.
Actual required PMA settings for any channel are dependent upon the physical channel implementation but the following settings should provide a good starting point.
- Tx on chip termination = 100R
- Tx VOD = 4
- Tx pre-emphasis first post-tap = 0
- Tx pre-emphasis pre-tap = 0
- Tx pre-emphasis second post-tap = 0
- Rx on chip termination = 100R
- Rx DC gain = 0
- Rx static Equalization = disabled (or 0)
This issue will be fixed in a future version of the Quartus II Software.