Due to a problem in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.1, the Interlaken (2nd Generation) Intel® FPGA IP doesn't support the Intel® FPGA IP Evaluation Mode for time-limited programming file (.sof) generation.
To work around this problem, follow the steps below:
- Download a copy of uflex_ilk_tx_ext.ocp and uflex_ilk_rx_regroup_n.ocp files
- Place a copy of uflex_ilk_tx_ext.ocp under <IP_generation_folder>/altera_uflex_ilk_<xxxx>/synth/uflex_ilk_mac/
- Place a copy of uflex_ilk_rx_regroup_n.ocp under <IP_generation_folder>/altera_uflex_ilk_<xxxx>/synth/uflex_ilk_regroup/
- Add the lines below to the Intel® Quartus® Prime IP File of your IP variant <IP_generation_folder>/<IP_name>.qip
- Recompile your design
set_global_assignment -library "altera_uflex_ilk_<xxxx>" -name SOURCE_FILE [file join $::quartus(qip_path) "altera_uflex_ilk_<xxxx>/synth/uflex_ilk_regroup/uflex_ilk_rx_regroup_n.ocp"]
* Remember to substitute <xxxx> with the four-digit number that was assigned to your IP variant after IP generation
This problem is fixed starting with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software 21.2.