FPGA Configuration Troubleshooter
You can use this troubleshooter to help you identify possible causes to a failed FPGA configuration attempt. While this troubleshooter does not cover every possible case, it does identify a majority of problems encountered during configuration. This troubleshooter can be supplemented with Intel® FPGA Knowledge Database to help you identify and fix your configuration problem.
What is your configuration issue?
Quartus® II Programmer
- The Quartus II programmer fails to recognize the device ID
- The Quartus II programmer reports successful configuration but the device/devices are not configured
- Fail to initiate the EPCS or flash programming in Quartus II software
- Fail to program the EPCS device through Serial Flash Loader (SFL)
- Fail to program the parallel flash through Parallel Flash Loader (PFL)
- The device does not enter user mode although the CONF_DONE pin is released high at the end of the configuration cycle
- The nSTATUS pin is pulled low or is toggling at the beginning of the configuration cycle
- The nSTATUS pin is pulled low or is toggling at the end or at different point of the configuration cycle
- The nCONFIG and nSTATUS pins are released high, but the CONF_DONE pin does not go high at the end of the configuration cycle
- The CONFIG and/or nSTATUS pins do not release high after the device is powered up